Apply for a copy certificate

You can request copies of the following certificates:

  • Birth
  • Death
  • Marriage
  • Civil Partnership

Certificates cost £10 each and you can pay by debit or credit card. (We do not accept America Express or Diners Club). 

To order a certificate you will need to know:

  • Name of the person(s) you are looking for
  • Their date of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership

We try to process your application(s) in 5 working days but we cannot guarantee this if the information you give us is not complete or accurate.

This service should only be used for births, deaths, marriages or civil partnerships which took place in Blackpool. It will take some time to arrange refunds for certificates requested by mistake for events outside Blackpool Borough.

Other records

We also hold records for some other parts of the Fylde coast:

  • Births and deaths which took place between 1837 and 1899 in Fleetwood, Poulton-Le-Fylde and Thornton-Cleveleys as well as Blackpool
  • All Fylde Coast Register Office marriages from 1837 to 1936
  • Marriages in Fylde Coast churches (other than Church of England) from 1837 to 1898 and
  • Marriages in some Fylde Coast churches (other than Church of England) from 1899 to 1936

If you would like more information about this or you are in doubt about where an event took place, please ring 01253 477177 for help.

It may help your application for family history certificates if you look first at Lancashire Births Marriages and Deaths to find a reference for the event and add the information to your online application in the box marked Lancashire BMD.

Privacy policy

The information you give us will be used solely for the purposes of your request and will not be divulged to any other third party.

The Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths in England and Wales (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Eire operate different systems) began on 1st July 1837. The register office does not have staff or facilities to conduct lengthy or indefinite searches on your behalf. However, if you are not sure about a date, give us a year to work from and we will search that year and 2 years either side of it.

A GRO (General Register Office) reference alone is not enough to get a certificate.

Please select the type of certificate(s) you want: